I was recently on a lovely walk in the spring sunshine with a good friend; a fellow “Backroadsian,” who spends most of his time bopping around the globe. We chatted about life – the months that had passed since we last had a time to catch up, and what was to come in the months ahead. I found myself truly and completely looking forward to a summer at home in California with friends, visitors, and family, and feeling as if “at last, there would be time to slow down and smell the flowers.”
Really? I mean, we have been here for nearly six months already! (Gasp!)
I suppose there has been a good bit on my mind lately. Taking a cue from my favorite food/lifestyle photographer/blogger Heidi Swanson finds herself, she shares a few tidbits with us here. So, here’s what’s been on my brain of late:
- Don’t forget to make a reservation to eat here.
- This hot spot in Portland was magnifique. Try improvising ramp pistou.
- For 6th month anniversary next month, I want to go here. And, of course there. Can we take Gunner?
- These (congrats, Mrs. Dennis!) this and this will be perfect to run/ride as the days warm up. And, order more of this and those.
- These would make the perfect hostess gift for 4th of July weekend in Montana.
- Don’t forget: order a subscription.
- Don’t forget: brutal honesty is a beautiful thing. (And, so are YOU, Holly!)
- Black & White Sesame Cookies + Vanilla Almond Sorbet. Be still my heart. Post-brick treat worth running for.
- Decide between here, here or here for next getaway.
- Very excited to run this.
- Wish that I could actually drink words. Maybe order a few bottles instead.
- Take a class here this week – you’re muscles deserve it.
- You haven’t baked this cake in a while. It would sate many a craving just now