I’m Lentine Alexis and I’m a curious, classically trained chef and former pro athlete. I use my bicycle, raw life and travel experiences and organic ingredients to inspire athletes and everyone to explore, connect and expand their human experiences through food.
Before I became a Chef, I spent nine years as a professional endurance triathlete and yoga instructor, living in Asia, Europe and the United States and cultivating a career in international diplomacy. As I found myself in foreign environments, I also encountered foreign definitions of what it meant to fuel life and sport. My approach to feeding my body and soul was forced to adapt too. I became fascinated with the way that cooking and eating real food made me feel in my training and racing, and felt a monumental shift in my well-being as an athlete and a person in the world. I soon found that the work I longed to do through policy couldn’t shine a candle to the kind of change I imagined in the world if we all turned our focus to sharing, enjoying, connecting and exploring through food.
Today, I create recipes, menus, and ideas that fuel athletes + adventures for everyone; I write, speak, and activate ideas, inspiring healthy lifestyles all over the world. I also share my pastries, treats + cooking with others, and I’ve worked with companies like Skratch Labs to develop delicious products and craft experiences that fuel body and soul.
This work – as it appears in this little online space, as well as in publications and communities worldwide – reminds me always that challenges are opportunities in disguise, and that I have the tools to take on whatever comes my way. I hope that the contents of these pages serve as tools for you to fuel your own adventures in mind/body/spirit/soul; that here you can find a reminder that the world is your oyster, and that it’s not a bad thing to come hungry.
Other places you may find me:
- Showcasing great rides, great recipes and other great stuff on my feed as a Strava Featured Athlete.
- Sharing recipes with the UnderArmour fitness community, and specifically on MyFitnessPal.
- Writing recipes + sharing nutrition inspiration in my column, BikeBites at LivCycling.
- Directing culinary programming, cooking breakfast + rallying cycling chefs in cities across the U.S. for Rapha Racing.
- Speaking, cooking and sharing inspired real food ride food at my local bike shop.
- Asking questions and sparking conversations about how food + sport collide at SXSW.
- Encouraging the collision of cuisine + cycling with Duvine Cycling.
- Sharing recipes + culinary perspective for athletes in my Strava column: Food As Fuel.
- Riding + writing + modeling as a women’s cycling ambassador for Rapha.
- Designing Skratch Labs Cookie Mix, directing culinary events, developing content and cooking from skratch with Skratch Labs.
- Baking up treats for my Pop Up Pâtisserie at the Month of Modern festival in Boulder, celebrating modern architecture + design.
- and previously….
- Racing for LUNA Chix // ClifBar Sponsored Athlete Team
- Leading trips and designing custom itineraries for Backroads, contributing to the Backroads’ BackBeat Blog.
Recent interviews + press + appearances:
- Bicycling Magazine // Dig In!
- Bicycling Magazine // 8 Foodie Instagram Accounts That Make Cyclists Drool
- ChefsCycle // riding + raising awareness for No Kid Hungry
- San Francisco Chronicle // talking about why Chefs love cycling
- Bottega Gran Fondo // keeping the conversation on women, food, wine + cycling going (while on two wheels)
- Men’s Journal // sharing recipes + tips for successful self-guided bike vacations
- Strava // my monthly “Food as Athletic Fuel” recipe column
- Outside Magazine // on being “The Oprah of Cookie Dough”
- Rapha Cycle Club // the search for vibrancy on two wheels at Rapha Prestige New England
- Triathlete Magazine // sharing my favorite fall breakfast bread recipe as a featured triathlete-chef
- Reviews.com // writing on the BEST road bike of 2015
- YogaJournal // cross-training with yoga